Header

Thoughts & Ideas

Stop! Don’t Delete That Picture!

Here’s a quick & dirty reason why you shouldn’t just delete pictures – at least not before you’ve given some thought as to how you could salvage them:

Hannibal_20091005 (5023 of 312)_O

First off, let me say this: isn’t this little guy adorable? And yet the picture is obviously a “mistake” – accidentally taken with far too long an exposure, blurred, moving, etc.

My first instinct was to delete the picture.

Then a thought flitted into my head… “maybe I can do something interesting with it…”

And so I tried, and here’s the result:

Hannibal_20091005 (5023 of 312) Face of an Angel (1/2 second at f/7.1, ISO 400, 116mm)

I don’t know about you, but I think it was one of the best from the shoot. There’s just something so… beautiful… innocent… intangible about the image that I have fallen in love with it.

And, it was a perfect example for this quick lesson: before you delete a picture, think about what you could do to save it. Unless it’s a picture of the lens cap, chance are you can do something with it!

Until next time, keep writing with light!

No comments:

Post a Comment